The extremely minor version update (from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206) brings a single fix to address Netflix error D1711-1331.
Last week’s build from the 7th August brought:
- Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
- Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
- Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
- Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.
Fixes for improved reliability:
- Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
- Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
- Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.
Fixes for improved behavior:
- Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
- Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
- Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
- Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
- Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
- Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
- Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.
To download the updated browser, which can be used side by side with regular Edge, read more at Microsoft here.