Your phone’s memory determines how many videos you can store in the device, how much music you can play at a moment’s notice, and the data capacity you have at your fingertips.
Memory is a pretty big consideration to make when you buy yourself a new phone, depending on everything you need. But say you bought a phone mostly for its style — that Samsung Galaxy S looked way too nice in the display to pass by — or didn’t pay too much attention to the memory specs. You may now be wondering how much space you actually have.
We won’t judge you for not paying that much attention to memory details in the first place. But we’ll tell you how you can check your memory on your Samsung Galaxy S using just a few apps.
Check Memory on Your Samsung Galaxy S Phone
Finding out how much memory you have on your Galaxy S is actually pretty simple. To check your phone’s memory, go through your apps section.
- Go to the Home screen
- Tap the Apps icon (on the lower-right)
- Click Settings
- Tap Storage
Here, you can view the storage capacity either from the SD Section or Device Memory. You can find this information by tapping Available. There are various updated apps in the market for this. These include Phone Check and Test, Smart Manager, Developer Options, and Simple Systems Manager.
Whichever you decide is fine, you just need to download these and start using them. Let’s talk about how you can do this following a few simple steps.
Use “Phone Check and Test App” to Determine Memory
“Phone Check and Test” is an excellent app that many Samsung lovers have used successfully. Have you ever tried this app? It’s designed to test various features and deliver quick results, which is great.
You can use “Phone Check and Test” to test your phone’s touchscreen, display, WiFi, cellular features, audio, camera, GPS, storage, sensors, battery, and CPU. The app worked remarkably well during testing for the Galaxy S memory. You can use this app to test, monitor, and report many features on your device.
Many find the “Phone Check and Test” useful in checking a newly purchased phone or tablet, a device that’s about to be sold, or one that needs repair. Moreover, you can use the app to check a phone that’s not working well. Identifying the problem can help save on costs.
You can also use this to check device information, memory suggestions, storage suggestions, available internal storage, and primary shared storage. Many Samsung users have described the app as well-coded and flawless in its performance. Once it does its job, the test results are instantly displayed on the screen.
If you want to manage your phone’s health should go for “Phone Check and Test” right away.
Use the “Smart Manager” App to Check the Galaxy S Phone Memory
You can use the Smart Manager app to determine your device storage, system efficiency, and RAM capacity. You only need to select a specific feature to check and optimize its status. It’s easy to use the Smart Manager on your device. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the “Apps” menu
- Click on “Smart Manager”
- Select the menu for “Phone Storage”&” Memory Status”
- Click on it to “optimize your device for Memory and Storage” information
Once done, you can access comprehensive information on your Samsung S device memory. Moreover, Smart Manager will calculate the amount of space your device is using in its day-to-day function. Since the applications and background processes are usually displayed on the screen, you can also view the RAM process and capacity details.
How to Use the “Developer Options App” to Check Your Phone’s Memory Status
You may also use the Developer Options App for the same purpose. Here’s how to do it:
- Swipe down the screen using two fingers; from the screen top
- Click on the “Settings” icon (on the upper-right corner of the drop-down menu)
- Open “Settings”
Alternatively, you can try these steps:
- Go to App Drawer
- Tap the “Settings app”
- Scrolling down, click on “About phone” or “About Tablet” (at the bottom section of the menu)
- Go to “Build Number” heading
- Slide through “About Phone” until you reach “Build number”
- Click on “Software information” to reach the “Build number” heading
- Click 7 times on the “Build number.” You’ll get a message saying: “You are now a developer!” (at the bottom of the screen). In case it fails to appear, repeatedly tap on “Build number “until it does
- Click on “Developer options”
- Tap on “Memory Option”
You’re done! You can now access the device memory details.
How to Check the Device Storage for a Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Phone By App
If you use the Galaxy S 5, there’s a simple process to check your phone’s memory using the app:
- Go to the “Home” screen
- Tap the “Apps” icon (on the lower-right)
- Click “Settings”
- Tap “Storage”
- Tap “Available” to view the storage capacity either from the SD section or Device Memory
Install the “Simple System Monitor” App to Check Your Phone’s RAM
Another method is to install the “Simple System Monitor.” It’s a fantastic app that gives access to the phone system’s different aspects. You can even check the device’s RAM capacity using the app. This is how to check your phone’s RAM using the app:
- Go to “Play Store”
- Open the Androidgoogleplay.png image
- Tap on the search bar
- Type the phrase “Simple system monitor”
- Click on “Simple System Monitor “(you’ll find it in the drop-down results)
- Tap on “Install”
- Once you’re prompted, “Agree”
- Go back to Google Play Store” and open the “Simple System Monitor
Alternatively, try this:
- Click on the Simple System Monitor icon (blue and white on most devices)
- When prompted, tap “OK.” You’ll be ushered to the page for “Simple System Monitor”
- Click on the “RAM” tab (on the upper part of the screen)
- Swipe across the tabs to the left and view the “RAM” option
You can now check your device’s available and used RAM.
Checking memory helps you figure out if you have free internal storage space or not. It’s easy to determine the memory status on your Samsung Galaxy S phone using the apps we listed above.
Just download them, follow these simple instructions, and you’re done. Since you can access such apps at the touch of a button, it makes your life so much easier.