As we all know, Among Us has taken the world by storm and everyone wants to play this raging deception game. The game was first launched on Android and iOS and now you can play it on Windows, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch as well. The insane popularity of this game has also reached Chromebook users and many are wondering if you can play Among Us on a Chromebook. Well, to find the answer, follow along and find out how you can play Among Us on a Chromebook.
Play Among Us on a Chromebook (January 2021)
Here, we have mentioned multiple ways to play Among Us on a Chromebook. Even if you don’t have support for Play Store on your school Chromebook, you can very well play Among Us and without any issues. So go ahead and click on the link below to find a desirable guide for you.
Play Among Us on a Chromebook with Play Store Support
Before I move to the steps, let me clarify that this method is only applicable to Chromebooks that have Play Store support. So it’s obvious that you won’t be able to install Among Us on school-issued Chromebooks through the Play Store. If you want to play Among Us on a school-issued Chromebook then go through our next section.
1. If you have not used Android apps on Chromebook before then open Settings and turn on Google Play Store. It will allow you to use the Play Store on your Chromebook and install Android apps.
2. Next, search for Among Us (Free, offers in-app purchases) on Play Store and install it right away.
3. Now, open Among Us from Play Store or from the App Drawer and there you have it. You can play Among Us in multiplayer mode with online players or create an offline crew. So in just three easy steps, you can play Among Us on a Chromebook through the Play Store.
Play Among Us on a Chromebook Without Play Store Support (School-issued)
Those users who have a school-issued Chromebook can easily play Among Us through GeForce Now cloud gaming service. You need to buy the game on Steam and you can straight away play the game just on your browser. No need for Play Store or Linux support. And don’t worry if GeForce Now is not available in your region. Just follow the steps below and you will be able to play Among Us on school Chromebooks anywhere in the world.
1. Just go through our guide on how to run GeForce Now on a Chromebook and set up GeForce Now right away.
2. Now search for Among Us on GeForce Now and add it to your library.
3. Next, click on “Play” and you will be allotted a rig.
4. On the next page, log in to your Steam account and buy Among Us from its store. It just costs $5. Now, go ahead and play Among Us right on your browser.
Play Among Us on a Chromebook Through Linux
If cloud gaming is not for you then you can play Among Us natively on your Chromebook through the Linux container. You need to install the Linux version of Steam and then you will have to buy Among Us from Steam. Here is how to begin.
1. Open the Settings page and set up Linux on your Chromebook, if this is your first time using Linux on a Chromebook. Don’t worry, it won’t delete any data and you don’t need to move to any other update channel.
2. After that, click on this link and download the Linux Steam installer for your Chromebook. Now, double click on it and install the program. You can also go through our manual guide and learn how to install Steam on a Chromebook.
3. Next, open the App Drawer and search for Steam and open it.
4. Now, it will automatically download all the dependencies and libraries. After the update, you need to open Steam again from the App Drawer.
5. Once Steam is opened, log in to your account. Next, click on Steam at the top-right corner and go to Settings -> Steam Play -> Enable Steam Play for all other titles and click on “OK”.
6. Now, Steam will restart and you will be able to install Among Us on your Chromebook.
Play Among Us on a Chromebook for Free Through Wine
If you are looking to play Among Us for free on Chromebook and without Steam then you need to use Wine. It’s a compatibility layer that allows you to run Windows programs on a Linux system. So here is how to go about it.
1. First of all, set up Wine on your Chromebook.
2. Having done that, download the setup file from here. It has been extracted by Unix2Dos.
3. Now, extract the downloaded folder and move it to the Linux files section.
4. Next, open the Linux Terminal and run the below command.
5. Finally, execute the below command to run Among Us on Chromebook.
wine "Among Us.exe"
6. So this is how you can play Among Us on a Chromebook for free through the Wine emulation layer.
Run Among Us on a Chromebook in Four Different Ways
So these are all the ways you can run Among Us on your Chromebook. No matter if you have Play Store or Linux support, you can get it working through the Android framework, Linux container, and of course, on the browser as well. So that is all from us. If you want to play more games like Among Us then go through our linked article. And if you are still facing any issue then let us know in the comment section below. We will surely try to help you out.