#Inventor #Builds #AllElectric #Monowheel #Worlds #Homemade #Version #TechEBlog
Technically speaking, a monowheel refers to a one-wheeled single-track vehicle that functions similar to a unicycle, but instead of sitting above the wheel, the rider sits either within the wheel or next to it. Most of the modern versions built in the 20th century are motorized, but inventor Sam Barker may have built one of the first electric models from scratch using a variety of parts, including some that can be picked up from a junkyard. Read more for a video and additional information.
First, he needed to source a sturdy outside rim capable of supporting the weight of the vehicle as well as the propulsion system. One of Sam’s first ideas was using a trampoline frame and he went as far as 3D printing rollers that connected it to a subframe. Unfortunately, after the trampoline frame was welded together, it broke apart on the first test spin. So, he had to contact a company specializing in bending steel into custom shapes. Once that was taken care of and an electric bike kit later, only the handles and foot-pedal were left to install. Let’s just say it works as good as you expect for an electric monowheel built from scratch.
Segway Ninebot E45 Electric Kick Scooter, Lightweight and Foldable, Upgraded Motor Power, Dark Grey
- Dual Batteries: With an extra Lithium-Ion battery and upgraded motor, Segway Ninebot E45 boasts up to 700W of power, with a top speed of 18.6 mph, travel up to 28 miles, and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. Brand New E45, an upgrade from the classics.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front wheel shock absorbers equipped with 9 inch non-pneumatic tires, It is maintenance-free and provides additional comfort. In addition to electric brake and mechanical brake, E45 introduces a new magnetic brake technology. Charging Temperature- 32-104°F (0-40°C)
- Innovative Technology: The integral parts of the car body adopt the innovative thread locking technology, your riding is more stable and safe. Smart Segway-Ninebot App integration, discover more functions and customize your rides.
- Lightweight and Foldable: The aerospace-grade aluminum alloy body material weighs only 36.2 lbs, making it lightweight yet durable. E45 continues to feature the classic folding design. It can be easily carried and fits perfectly in the car trunks.
- Quality Assurance: LED colorful chassis atmosphere light and third riding modes, discover More with the Segway Ninebot eKickScooter E45! One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to the warranty. Please contact us if you have any problems.