#Content #Marketing #Ideas #February
In February 2022, content marketers will find no shortage of article or video ideas, from politics and music to health and helpful information.
Content marketing is the act of creating, publishing, and distributing content such as articles, podcasts, or videos to attract, engage, and retain customers. Content marketing is a keystone for search engine optimization and inbound marketing.
What follows are five content marketing ideas any business could use in February 2022.
1. National Freedom Day, February 1
National Freedom Day is an American holiday to commemorate President Abraham Lincoln’s signing of a joint resolution abolishing slavery in the United States. That resolution was later ratified and became the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. President Harry Truman created National Freedom Day to commemorate the signing.
National Freedom Day should promote harmony, goodwill, and equal opportunity for everyone. This makes it a good day to celebrate with content.
Articles, videos, and podcasts made for National Freedom Day could:
- Focus on history,
- Kick-off Black History Month,
- Profile important contributors,
- List important freedoms,
- Celebrate new opportunities.
2. Bob Marley’s Birthday, February 6
Robert (Bob) Nesta Marley was born on February 6, 1945. Marley helped establish reggae as a musical style in the 1960s and 70s. He also served as a key representative of Rastafarianism and a proponent of marijuana legalization.
Businesses related to the music or cannabis industry — and companies looking to celebrate Black History Month — may want to profile Marley.
Articles about Marley could include discussions of his influence on music, religion, culture, and politics.
For inspiration, here are a few Marley-related articles.
3. American Heart Month
For the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and other health organizations, February is American Heart Month, a time to think about cardiovascular health.
For the ecommerce content marketer, American Heart Month is an opportunity to encourage customers and prospects to be more healthy while also promoting products when appropriate.
For example, last year, the U.S. Surgeon General used American Heart Month to focus on high blood pressure (hypertension). The aim was to:
- Increase awareness of the risks associated with hypertension,
- Ensure the places that folks live, learn, and work are equipped to help fight hypertension, and
- Improve patient care related to hypertension.
Companies could use this theme in articles. Here are some potential titles for several kinds of online businesses.
- Kitchen supply store: “10 Heart-healthy Recipes to Lower Blood Pressure,”
- Online shoe store: “5 Ways Walking or Running Improves Heart Health,”
- Office supply retailer: “How Stand-up Desks Fight Hypertension,”
- Supplement seller: “14 Supplements to Lower Your Blood Pressure,”
- Power tool retailer: “5 Subtle Changes to Lower Job Stress and Your Blood Pressure.”
4. February Events Calendar
February may only have 28 days in 2022, but it is packed with holidays and events. Content marketers can publish industry-specific or customer-focused event calendars.
An industry calendar could include important trade shows, conferences, and meetings. For example, a store selling electrical and plumbing supplies to contractors could feature events, such as:
- The National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association. February 3-5, 2022.
- The National Electrical Contractors Association “How to Work with OSHA” workshop on February 3, 2022.
- The National Association of Home Builders Show, February 8-10, 2022.
- The National Association of Electrical Distributors Conference, February 22-24, 2022.
A customer calendar might include several events across multiple topics. For example, an online retailer selling products to new mothers could create an event calendar aimed at that demographic. It could feature:
- Creative Romance Month,
- National Women and Girls in Sports Day,
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science Day,
- Valentine’s Day,
- World Day of Social Justice.
Content marketers could briefly describe each event and resource to learn more.
5. Publish a Glossary
Every business and industry has a set of terms that may not always be familiar to customers. For February 2022, publish a glossary defining every word or phrase that could be unfamiliar.
An online shoe shop might publish a glossary of footwear construction terms, as in:
- Aglet (aiglet): A slender sheath usually made of plastic or metal wrapped over the end of a shoelace to make it easier to lace and more durable.
- Bellows tongue: A wide, folding tongue attached to the uppers on three sides to make a boot or shoe water-resistant or waterproof.
- Welt: Material sewn to the edge of a shoe upper and attached to the sole.
- Goodyear welt: A welt stitched through the midsole and outsole to better secure the sole to the upper and allow complete sole replacement.
The glossary could also link to specific products, and the descriptions of those products could, in turn, reference the aforementioned terms.