#Gameplay #tips #tomorrows #launch #PlayStationBlog
One of the unique PC features that we’re very excited about is the 21:9 ultra-widescreen support that will allow you to play the game with an incredibly unique theatrical feel. Take a look below:
We can’t wait to see your ultrawide screen shots!
Nine Realms survival guide
With our release on the PC, we’re hoping that many new players will be able to experience Kratos and Atreus’ story for the first time. To help you get started, we’ve put together some beginner tips that will prepare you for the journey to come.
Don’t forget your Boy
Atreus may be young, but he’s one of your best assets in combat. As your journey progresses, Atreus will grow stronger and gain access to abilities that can make all the difference in your toughest fights like being able to stun monsters, bring Kratos back from the brink of death, and unleash powerful magical abilities along with his bow attacks.
Atreus has three different gear sets that can synergize with your playstyle. Make sure you’re equipping him to best support Kratos’ needs in combat. At their first tier, the sets have the following effects:
- Sharpshooter Garb: Lower the Talon Bow recharge time. Aimed shots fired at enemies in the air deal extra damage.
- Fighter Tunic: Boosts melee damage and exposes enemy weakness. Choked enemies will take increased damage.
- Runic Vestment: Increased recovery speed from enemy attacks and provides Healthstone assistance. When Kratos is injured, Atreus has a chance to find Healthstones.
Upgrading Atreus’ abilities and equipment will be as important as upgrading Kratos, invest in his progression early and often!
In God of War, there are side quests called Favors. Some let you get to know your allies better, like helping the blacksmith brothers Brok and Sindri, while others will let you journey deeper into the rich Norse mythology of the world.
All offer rewards that will help you in battle. Alongside the XP you’ll earn, many of the Favors will also give you equipment and ability upgrades.
Earn XP with the Labors of Kratos
Labors are tracked activities that will reward you for interacting with the world and playing the game. Completing them will grant you a big chunk of XP, so they’re great for leveling up. They’ll also encourage you to switch up your playstyle, try out new tactics, and explore the world.
Labors come in four different categories:
- World: Engaging with the world by completing activities like closing Realm Tears and finding Hidden Chambers.
- Crafting: Crafting and upgrading your gear.
- Skill: Killing enemies in a specific way, like lighting them on fire or performing parries.
- Kill: Defeating a certain amount of an enemy type.
Bestiary combat tactics
Atreus will keep notes of all the enemies you face in the Codex. Not only is it a great way to track the information you learn on important figures and the realms themselves, the Bestiary section will also provide helpful gameplay tips on the weakness of monsters. Enemies are not one-size-fits-all, if you’re having difficulty with a certain type of creature, make sure you check Atreus’ notes for tips on how to dispatch them.
Understand your Gear stats
Your combat style can greatly benefit from the gear that you equip. Once you figure out the type of gameplay you like, there will be gearsets that help you excel in that area.
Whether you want to focus on standard attacks, your runic abilities, or a mix of both – understanding your gear stats will help you decide which pieces to invest in.
- Strength: Increases the damage for all standard attacks.
- Runic: Increase both Runic Attack and Elemental Damage.
- Defense: Reduces all damage taken.
- Vitality: Increases maximum health and decreases the severity of hit reactions from enemy attacks.
- Luck: Increases Perk activation chance. Increases XP and Hacksilver gains.
- Cooldown: Reduces recharge time of Runic Attacks, Runic Summons, and Talismans.
Certain gearsets will also be better for a specific playstyle, make sure you find the one that works best for you!If you would like to pre-purchase God of War for PC, it is available on both the Steam and Epic Game Store.